Monday 15 June 2009

To All The Teachers

No occupation is more maligned, celebrated, ridiculed, exalted, necessary, pointless, welcomed or disdained than that of a teacher. The holidays, the working hours at school, the working hours at home, the weekends, the joy of seeing kids learn, the frustration of having kids not give a rats a**. Being praised, being insulted. Being their everything, being nothing to them at all. On my worst days I wouldn't trade this job for the world (just don't ask me on that worst day cause I might make a liar out of myself).

The summer is quickly arriving and the schools will remain silent for some weeks to come until we start it all up again with different kids but the same routine. For all you teachers who have done your best to brighten the minds of tomorrow ... the end is near.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. Teaching can be challenging, rewarding, crappy and everything else in between. I too, would not trade it for anything. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete