Tuesday 17 November 2009

Geeky Gathering



This little piece of technology is the TI-83 produced by Texas Instruments. The Math 12 program in BC requires a graphing calculator be used on the provincial exam and we have been using TI-83+ at our school for 10 years now. So why am I writing about it now? Glad you asked.

Tomorrow I and another staff member depart for Shanghai to attend the CaoYang No.2 High School Math Conference and TI Workshop 2009. 2 days of sharing how many geeky things you can do with this calculator to better the teaching of students. Yup .. should be a real humdinger. Actually I'm kind of excited by it and 2 days in Shanghai is nothing to sneeze at.

By the way if you don't have one of these technical marvels there are still some things you can do with a regular calculator that will amaze and wow your friends.

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my first graphing calculator, which I picked up in HK during a xmas holiday my first year UBC. Back then, that thing was the bomb...and totally vaulted me to the top of my Calc100/101 class. I loved that thing. Wonder what happened to it...??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's holding up a broken desk leg somewhere I bet.

    ReplyDelete