Monday 26 October 2009

Pumpkins

Alice and the kids along with the Defieuxs and the Englesons ventured out in the countryside for a second consecutive weekend. This trip wasn't for apples but pumpkins. With Halloween fast approaching it has become something of a tradition to venture forth to farming villages to buy pumpkins. The procedure is simple enough. Find a small community/village/neighbourhood and ask if they have pumpkins for sale. Most do at this time of the year and they are only too willing to part with them for the requisite $$. I can only imagine they stories they tell around the dinner table about the van of foreigners that pulled up with kids in tow seeking to buy pumpkins.

For a second straight weekend I didn't join the group as walking around the countryside on crutches just isn't that much fun. I did it last year but this year I've just struggled and laboured a bit more with them and elected to stay home. I am not sure if it was the right decision .. it certainly wasn't a happy one but I think it was necessary. Well enough self-pity .. the pics.




I contributed to the venture in the only way I can which is to carve the pumpkins with the boys. Carter took his turn at the knife and did a pretty good job for the most part. Nathan "had a stab at it" so to speak but I've decided he can wait a year before trying again.

The first one we carved was a simple Ultraman face. Next up?? Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment