Tuesday 4 August 2009

Long Weekend - Canim Lake

For $200,000 give or take you too can buy a beautiful lot on Canim Lake. I don't want to be misleading .. we didn't buy a lot but after this long weekend it sure was tempting.

My cousin Darlene and her husband Scott (and son Jordy) invited us out to their cabin on Canim lake. We left on Saturday and were unfortunately delayed several hours by a horrific accident (not ours) just south of 150 Mile House which closed Highway 97 for 7 hours. During this long wait and long drive my wife remarked .. "this better be worth it when we get there." She was not disappointed.

Scott had all the toys you could want for a lake (powerboat, Seadoo, water skis, tubes, kayaks etc). We did a tour of the lake, some kneeboarding (well with my gimpy leg I didn't but it sure looked like fun), slalom water skiing (again not me) and tons of fun eating, drinking, and swimming. Carter absolutely LOVED the water and we couldn't keep him out of it. The lake dropped off pretty quickly so he was clad in a life jacket for safety. Nathan was a tad more reserved about swimming but had tons of fun chasing dogs, throwing rocks and continually opening the doors to let ALL the mosquitoes in the Cariboo inside.

Scott and Dar are talking about going for a week next summer and I for one would not argue .. a truly great great weekend. Once I get the vids edited and posted I will show you some of the LIVE action!

No comments:

Post a Comment