Friday 26 June 2009

Forever Came Today

Unless you are living under a rock you know that Michael Jackson died this week. Like Elvis before him his passing will be remembered and mourned by millions .. no .. billions. Living in China I can tell you that he was a huge star here as he was in the Western world. This is not always true of China as most of the "famous" celebrities we know are hardly recognized in this land of billions.

I was not necessarily shocked nor particularly saddened as I could never have really counted myself as a Michael Jackson fan. I did enjoy a few tracks from Thriller and Off The Wall but in a search of the thousands mp3's I have on my computer there is nary a Michael Jackson nor Jackson 5 tune.

His death and life will be analyzed a million ways with everyone offering their opinion on his tragically flawed superstar life. I offer no such analysis except to say that many probably thought like the kids of Fame this kid was going to live forever .. well as the Jackson 5 sang in 1975 Forever Came Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment