Wednesday 18 March 2009

Massoud Namini





It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. This morning Massoud Namini - a fellow teacher, an amazingly warm and friendly guy and a good friend passed away suddenly. It was a very tragic day at our school for both staff and students alike. We were all in a state of shock that I am sure will take some time to subside.

Massoud was just one of those guys that everyone liked. He was equally loved and respected by our Chinese staff as he loved living in this country and fully embraced the Chinese culture.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and son. We hope they can find strength and solace in the comfort of their friends.

3 comments:

  1. Da Long

    Wish to echo your thoughts .... the sadness of Massoud's untimely passing goes beyond the shores of China .. there are many here in BC who share the shock and sadness of the staff and students at DMLIS .... my memories go back to the spring of 2002 and the 'electric' bike Massoud rode to school ... and sometime home at the end of the day .... my thoughts and prayers go out to Anne and Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahmoud Namini

    I am Massoud's brother. I would like to thank you about your post and also wonderful pictures and also thank you Anonymous in BC. It comforts the bitter pain of the loss of Massoud.
    I would like also to ask you if you have any other pictures from Massoud please send it to my email address:
    smnamini@yahoo.com
    ,, Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone and nothing we say at this moment can make it any easier. Know that one day you will be able to look back and enjoy all the memories of life and love.

    ReplyDelete