Wednesday 11 March 2009

Kan Guo Lai

I've learned to sing a few Chinese songs in my time here and they can be an invaluable icebreaker as the Chinese LOVE to sing. Karaoke bars are everywhere and at many weddings and celebrations you can expect a TV and karaoke machine as part of the festivities.

The first song that I heard and decided to learn was one called "Kan Guo Lai" which basically means look at me or look my way. The first line "Dui mian de nu hai kan guo lai" means "Hey girls over there, look my way". So obviously it is a song about a guy looking for love (or wookin pa nub as Buckwheat would sing). It's got a nice melody and I first heard it in Shan Hai Guan in October 2000 (my first year in Dalian).

Rather than assault your sense with my awful rendition I give you the video of the real singer .. Richie Ren from Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment