Saturday 28 March 2009

Corky and the Juice Pigs

For a reason to be revealed in a future post I have been searching for Scottish music In my search I found a song called "Twas the Scots" by Corky and the Juice Pigs which is a Canadian musical comedy act.

I actually saw them perform live at the Pit Pub in UBC in the late 80's. It was being filmed for MuchMusic (The Nations' Music Station) and Terry David Mulligan was the host. I was a fan of TDM from his years hosting Good Rockin' Tonite on CBC and I must admit it was a shocking bit of reality to see the makeup crew spray painting his bald spot.

Anyhow .. I loved Corky and the Juice Pigs and their selection of comedic pieces such as "Pickles on My Burger" (50's love song parody) and "Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down." It was great to see some of their videos on Youtube but I must say my favourite is the following video .. "I'm The Only Gay Eskimo"

No comments:

Post a Comment