Thursday 26 February 2009

The Nemo Boat

For the first few days we were here Carter and Nathan seemed to notice only "The Nemo Boat" as they called it.



We finally relented and went on the boat one afternoon for a two hour cruise which included snorkelling for the adults. The boys loved the glass bottom boat and Carter even put on the life jacket and swam a bit off of the boat. He claimed he was cold but in fact he was a bit frightened but we were very proud of him to try something new and overcome a bit of his fear.

The boys saw one of the boat guys swim underneath the boat to clean the glass bottom and they wanted me to do that. I didn't think it was a big deal as it was a very small boat to swim under but I could not believe how much I panicked once I went under. It felt like the boat was going to crush me and I was going to drown right there. I very quickly kicked my way out leaving my family very disappointed that I didn't wave at them but I thought returning safely would be more of a treat for them.

I snapped a few shots through the glass bottom but it wasn't made for picture taking only viewing. We don't have an underwater camera unfortunately so most of our pics are of us on the boat and some surrounding scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment